Essays + Op-Eds
- Teen Librarian Toolbox – It’s Okay To Be Sad and Anxious Right Now
- Philadelphia Inquirer – Physician Burnout Existed Before Coronavirus. It’s About to Get Worse
- Hachette – On the Importance of Happy Books about Mental Illness
- New York Daily News – Spare Intersex Children Needless Surgeries
- Newsweek – Should Surgeons Perform Irreversible Genital Surgery on Children?
- Scientific American – When Emergency Pediatric Surgery is Anything But
- Publishers Weekly – Save a Life – Support a Banned Book
- Books and Boba podcast – April 10, 2020
- CNN – She’s 7 and Was Born Intersex. Why Her Parents Elected to Have Her Grow Up Without Surgical Intervention.
- Snopes.com – Intersex Kids at Risk Due to Lack of Medical Guidelines, Advocates Say
This is My Brain in Love in the media
- Philadelphia Inquirer – This West Chester mom is an Ivy League-trained urologist by day and a novelist by night
- Publishers Weekly – Four Questions with I.W. Gregorio
- BookPage – Beacons in the Darkness
- Main Line Today – This West Chester Doctor Tackles Mental Health and Identity in Her Newest YA Novel
- Buzzfeed – 21 Brand New Young Adult Romances You Absolutely Must Read This Spring
None of the Above in the media
- Firstpost – “None of the Above” by I.W. Gregorio (review)
- Bustle – Lifetime to Develop 2 YA Novels for Television
- Paste Magazine – The 14 Best YA Books of 2015 (so far)
- Denver Post – “None of the Above” by I.W. Gregorio (review)
- Flavorwire – Writers’ Inspiring New Project Will Send LGBT YA Books to Libraries and Shelters
- Publishers Weekly – Spring 2015 Flying Starts: I.W. Gregorio
- BookRiot – The Best Books We Read in June
- USA Today – Must Read Novels: ‘Twist’ and ‘None of the Above’
- MTV.com – 7 Books to Help You Survive That Family Vacay
- Teen Vogue – 13 Young Adult Book Debuts to Have on your Radar
- MTV.com – From Intersex Teens to Hispanic Witch Hunters
- Huffington Post – 16 of the Most Anticipated YA Debuts list
- Barnes and Noble blog – 15 Most Anticipated YA Debuts of 2015
- Popcrush – 15 Authors to Watch in 2015
- Popcrush – 15 Most Anticipated Young Adult Books of 2015
- Bustle – 25 book by women of color article
- BookBub – 12 Up-and-Coming Women Writers You Need to Know About
- Bustle – 2015 Debut YA Novels You Need To Pick Up This Year
An interview in the Pennsylvania Gazette, the UPenn alumni magazine: When the Answer is C) None of the Above.
I talk about my inspiration for None of the Above in my introductory post on the Fearless Fifteeners Blog
My essay for The Writing Barn’s Rejecting Rejection series on Accepting Rejection Without Rejecting Yourself
Here’s a guest post I did for Bookpage on giving voice to an intersex teen
PEN/America essay for #BannedBooksWeek on Why We Need Diverse LGBTQI Books.
My NaNoWriMo blog article on prep for writing a diverse book.
For #IntersexAwareness Week, I wrote an essay on the doctor’s experience at the AIS-DSD Support Group Meeting.
A guest post for Stackedbooks.org’s contemporary YA week in which I talk about moving beyond the gender binary.
CUNY TV’s Asian American Life produced an episode about Grace Lin and the We Need Diverse Books panel at BEA/BookCon. I have a tiny interview at 24:30I was quoted in a terrific Vox.com article on how many children’s books can be problematic.
The lovely V. T. Bidania interviewed me as part of her Asian Author and Artist Series
Publishers Weekly printed a fabulous spread in the BookCon daily with #WNDB book recommendations, including mine
Fast Company did an article on the #WeNeedDiverseBooks campaign, and I discuss the factors that made the campaign such a success
NPR ran a very nice piece on the #WeNeedDiverseBooks panel at BEA/BookCon – listen for a little snippet of my moderation at 2:13