I’m absolutely delighted to announce that in the next few months I’ll be at New York Comic Con, NCTE and NAIBA:
September 20th, 2014, 7pm-8pm: New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association (NAIBA) – Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington, VA
I’ll be signing some hot-off-the-press ARCs of None of the Above at NAIBA’s #WeNeedDiverseBooks reception. There’s an amazing guest list (including some of my very favorite people in the world) which you can see here!
October 9th, 2014, 5:15-6pm & 8pm-8:45pm: New York Comic Con – Javits Center, New York, NY.
Thanks to the amazing people at Balzer + Bray / Harper, I’ll have some ARCs of None of the Above for distribution after both panels below!
1) 5:15pm-6pm (Location: 1A01): #WeNeedDiverse (Comic) Books – Diversity in Comics
This panel sponsored by the ALA will look at the history of diversity in comics (pros and cons), give examples of diverse comics from the United States and internationally, and discuss why the comic format is important when considering different perspectives and viewpoints. Featuring Amie Wright (NY Public Library), Craig Anderson (Kean University), & Lucia Cederia Serantes (Queens College).
2) 8pm-8:45pm (Location: 1A18): Geeks of Color Go Pro – Working in the Industry
I’m thrilled to share the stage with LeSean Thomas (BLACK DYNAMITE: THE ANIMATED SERIES; THE LEGEND OF KORRA), Tracey J. John (MTV.com; Gameloft), Alice Meichi Li (Dark Horse), Daniel José Older (author, HALF-RESSURECTION BLUES) and Jennifer Cruté (artist, JENNIFER’S JOURNAL). Moderated by Diana Pho (Tor Books)
November 22, 2014, 11am-12:15pm, 1pm & 2:45-4pm: National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Annual Conference – Gaylord National Resort, Washington, DC.
It’s shaping up to be a busy day at NCTE!
1) 9:30a (Chesapeake A) – I’m planning to attend the (unbelieveably relevant to None of the Above) “What Am I? A Cross-Disciplinary Lesson on Intersex” panel
2) 11am (Maryland 3/4) – I’ll be the WNDB representative on First Book‘s “Stories for All” panel.
3) 1pm-1:30pm (HarperCollins booth, exhibit hall) – I will be signing advance readers copies of None of the Above!
4) 2:45pm (Potomac 5/6) – Official “We Need Diverse Books” panel with Ellen Oh, Meg Medina, Anita Merina (National Education Association) and Jerrie Cobb Smith (University of Memphis). Erica Perl will moderate.
Hope to see some of you at these events!
2 thoughts on “Fall events”