I’ve been putting this post off forever, waiting for the time to upload all the pictures that have been held hostage by my phone, wanting to come up with the perfect ways to explain why I’ve been offline for a while, and all jazzed about writing up a nice piece about why the past couple of weeks have been so rejuvenated me. However, situation normal – not enough time. So I’ll stick to the tl;dr version of my imagined post:
- I’ve had some health problems, but am on the mend
- NOTA is a finalist for the 2016 Lambda Literary Award, in the company of some of my very favorite people in the world!
- Last week I attended the first ever SE-YA Book Festival in Murfreesboro, TN, and let me tell you, I was blown away by the experience. Over 1,000 teens. Almost three dozen authors (quality people all) and passionate librarians, teachers and readers. This. Is. Why. I. Write.
- For the next couple of days I’ll be in NYC at the always incredible New York City Teen Author Festival. We had an amazing set of school visits today at the High School of Fashion Industries today, and I’ll be paneling on the Saturday Symposium. Finally, I’ll be signing at the the Sunday Books of Wonder Mega-signing at 3pm. Phe
- In April I’ll be at the Public Library Association (PLA) luncheon with Lamar Giles, Sara Farizan and e.E. Charlton-Trujillo (April 8th)
- For those of you who are urologically inclined, I’ll be in San Diego on May 6th at the American Urological Association/Society for Pediatric Urology conference to discuss The Evolving Role of Patient Advocacy in DSD with some of my friends from InterAct Advocates!
- Finally, there was a bullet point that I wanted to include that isn’t quite ready for prime time. However, if you want to be on the ground floor when I am ready to announce, please do sign up for my mailing list (the form is on the right sidebar). DO IT. You won’t regret it.